1. To reduce morbidity and mortality in time sensitive acute cardiac emergencies including STEMI patients.
2. To improve overall quality of care by using social networking as a tool to aid in rapid
diagnosis and timely management at the very first medical contacts and at doorsteps.
3. Proper informed referrals and transportation to tertiary /PCI enabled hospitals.
4. Developing and following uniform practical guidelines all across the region.
5. Sensitization, education, skill enhancement and data collection in addition to managing cardiac emergencies.
1. Utilisation of social networking for integrated approach towards cardiac care.
2. Immediate medical attention for a cardiac patient.
3. Promote thrombolysis as preferable mode of treatment in STEMI, considering the time lags in transportation and PCI readiness at our tertiary care hospitals.
4. First medical contact who is the first trained healthcare provider should be able to assess and identify a cardiac problem.
5. First Medical contact should be able to do an ECG and upload it without delay on SAVE HEART network for discussion and immediate diagnosis.
6. As our first medical contact to device time even in PCI enabled hospitals isn't encouraging, the transportation hurdles do exist and door-in, and door-out time at
all non PCI centres are very time consuming [1-4 hours], hence provision and use of clot busting drugs at all health care centres of SDH and DH levels is promoted
7. Advisory issued to ensure device management only when time utilised from first contact to needle is <120 minutes and it is geographically/ technically feasible.
8. Every element in the SAVE HEART SYSTEM is expected to work collaboratively and cohesively for optimisation of the outcomes.
9. SAVE HEART TEAM promotes uniform algorithms and protocols for STEMI care at all peripheral hospitals.
10. Consensus to promote pharmacoinvasive management in STEMI patients considering our geographic and technical limitations.
11. DATA generation to enable sharing of best practices in STEMI care; provide information that is exclusively regional and scientific concerning our set of population.